Durban Website Designers specialize in websites that attract new customers. Top Google position, effective social media exposure and ease of use are essential.
Marketing websites excel at search engine positioning and use pure HTML. They are fast, agile, with a high search engine ranking and can quickly deploy new techniques.
A Typical Marketing Website
Google requires a minimum amount of content in order to rank websites so one or two page websites struggle to rank well. We recommend five to ten pages.
A typical marketing websites have the following pages:
- Home page with a summary of your products/services linked to other pages
- Company Profile page with company details, personnel, premises photographs
- 3 - 5 Products/services pages with detailed descriptions and prices
- Contact page with details, form and perhaps, a customized map
Other recommended content depending on the individual website:
- Photo Gallery of products, services or of the business - site, factory etc.
- Newsletter of company news such as functions, new regulations
- Testimonials - clichéd but do make a difference - particularly from large clients.
- Accreditation - professional, Chamber of Commerce, BEE, ISO etc.
- Client List page - large, fastidious clients show you do know your job
- Frequently Asked Questions - point phone enquiries to the website
- Glossary of Terms - for legal/technical websites.
Wordpress and Other CMS Websites
Content Management System (CMS) websites like Wordpress and Joomla permit convenient updating and there are many plugins that increase their functionality but they do not permit the speed and design flexibility of pure HTML.
Their 'searchability' also suffers. This type of website is used for topical content such as that produced by small home-based businesses, associations and schools. We recommend Wordpress for ease of use.
Social Media Integration
Social media are an increasingly important way for visitors to find your website so all our websites come linked to your preferred social media accounts.
For an additional fee we can set up a Wordpress blog - for those who have chosen the Wordpress platform, a blog is already built in.
If you have something to sell online, we will develop an eCommerce website so visitors can use credit cards or one of the local payment systems to pay.
This type of website will have a page of products, coded for payment, a shopping cart and a payment gateway to validate credit card numbers and generate the requisite emails.
Where there are many products, whether for online sale or not, a database is useful and permits easy updating, cataloging and searching.